Can a minor child go to school in Canada without a study permit?

Generally, minor children need to apply for a study permit from outside of Canada, if they want to go to study in Canada. However, a minor child can go to school without a study permit if:
– one parent (biological or adoptive) is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident; or
– one parent (biological or adoptive) is permitted to study or work in Canada; or
– neither parent is physically in Canada.

Call Us
Open chat