How to go abroad for studies after 12th from India?
Do you want to continue your studies abroad after 12th? You can keep learning after 12th grade by enrolling in an undergraduate program in a country other than your own. As a part of your undergraduate education, going to another country gives you a number of benefits.
- Cultural Variation
- Academic Experience
- Financial Stability
- Real-world experience during an internship
- Getting to know a lot of people
- Places to Visit
A lot of maturities that lets you do well in a different place All of these skills give you an edge in the job market and could be useful to any company in the global economy today.
Determine the area of study that you want to pursue while abroad.
When deciding what classes to take as an international student, it’s important to think carefully about what kind of work you want to do when you finish school. This might help you decide which country to go to school in.
The vast majority of students from other countries want to stay in the country after they finish their studies and get their diplomas. Because of this, it is important to look into a few different countries to see if the thriving industries in those countries could help you get the job of your dreams.
For example, if you want to study something related to acting or theatre, the United Kingdom would be a great place to do so. They have always had a strong history in the arts, which may be in part because the famous playwright William Shakespeare was born there. Because the country has one of the most active theatre cultures in the world, graduates will have a lot of work options in the theatre. sector.
The National Theatre company said that the number of people who went to its Southbank theatre in 2015-16 was the highest it had been in seven years, and that the number of people has been slowly growing every year. If you want to work in the theatre, whether it’s in set design, sound production, or as an actor, Britain may be a good place for you to study if you want to be successful in this field.
Consider an activity that brings you pleasure.
Make sure that the field of study you choose is something you’re really interested in. This is another thing you should think about when making your choice. If you don’t want to go to any of your classes, your time studying abroad will not be nearly as fun as it could be. Even though you’re in college, you’re bound to have some classes that you don’t like as much as others. This shouldn’t be the case, though.
Could you maybe choose your degree based on something you really enjoy doing in your free time? Or, when you were in school, did you study something that you thought was really interesting? In that case, it’s time to look into whether or not you can major in those subjects at the college level. You can reach out and touch everything. If you love American literature, the United States is the best place to learn about it. If you love the sea and all the animals that live in and around it, you should go to Australia to learn about marine biology and the Great Barrier Reef.
Consider a skill of yours that you excel in.
If you can’t think of anything to study that would make you happy, you might want to work on improving a skill you already have. Because let’s be honest, it’s always nice to hear that you did something well, but it’s especially nice to hear that you did something well!
If you are going to move to another country to finish your education, it is important to choose a field of study in which you already have some knowledge. This will make it much easier for you to get used to life at college because you will feel like you belong with the other students in your class. You probably don’t want to add traveling to a new country to the stress of falling behind in school, do you?
If you study something you are good at, you are more likely to get a good grade, which could help you when you are looking for a job after you finish your studies. This is another reason why studying something you’re good at is a good idea.
Consider the many credentials that are required of you.
Some majors have more flexible class requirements than others. Most will focus on what you know and how you’ll adapt it to apply to the issue. If you’ve solely taken scientific courses and done well, it’s hard to get into an art degree program since you can’t prove you’ve worked hard or are interested in that profession.
Most schools require their students to have some kind of certification after they finish elementary school. For a university to accept you and put you on its student list, you will need to have post-16 qualifications, such as A-Levels (or the international equivalent) or a vocational certificate. This will let you move forward with your application.
Determine the location of the study abroad program.
Choosing the country where you want to continue your education after you finish your 12th year of school is a very important choice. Here are some of the most important things to think about:
Availability of a Course or Major
Choosing a course to take abroad is not easy. The right path is important because it will last a lifetime. Education abroad is only for a short time, but the course determines what comes next. Pick a show based on what you want to see. Once a student has chosen a program, he or she might look for the best schools in that field. Germany is a good place to go to school if you want to study mechanical engineering. Students who want to study law or medicine may choose to go to school in the UK. Graduates in computer science may like the US. Fashion designers can do well in France or Italy. Some of the best MBA programs are in Australia, Spain, the United States, and the United Kingdom.
It’s a matter of opinion, and only research can guarantee good teaching. Even though there are nice courses in other places, it’s always best to spend your money on the best. The Internet has a lot of information about different fields of study and the best colleges for them. When choosing a degree, you should think about things like career prospects, how big the field will be in 20–30 years, and how far it has come in the past few years.
Anyone who wants to study abroad has goals. After college, everyone wants to move up in their job. Some students might want to keep going to school, while others might want to get a job. So, think about all of these things before choosing a college course. As mentioned, there is a ready market for certain courses in some countries. After getting their MBAs, people in Spain, the US, and Australia will be able to find work in their own countries. If a fashion designer goes to school in France or Italy, he or she might be able to find work there. When choosing a place to live, you should think about where you might work in the future. The reason why someone would take out so many loans is to get a job and start paying them back.
Country entry requirements
Not many countries let people from other countries take college-level classes. Even if they do, the requirements are higher than what those courses have. Most bachelor’s level classes in Germany, Switzerland, and other European countries are only taught in EU/EEA languages (EEA). It might be hard to choose an EU or EEA country for a bachelor’s degree. Countries that speak English, like the US and UK, are happy to have students from other countries.
The EU or EEA has a number of master’s programmes taught in English for international students. Universities need test scores, too. Some colleges require the GRE or GMAT, while others don’t. Some colleges need you to take the IELTS or TOEFL, while others don’t. Also, the score requirements change from course to course. IELTS or TOEFL cut-offs may be different for a master’s student in English literature than for a math student. To get into the place you want to go, you must meet these requirements.
Get more information about Benefits of Studying Abroad
The price of education abroad
Most students are most affected by how much school costs. Cost is important because a lot of students with middle-income or lower middle income want to study abroad. This is one of the main reasons why many students don’t go abroad to study. So, in this section, we’ll talk about two different kinds of overseas school costs.
Costs for tuition and other things
It costs a lot to go to school abroad. The high cost of tuition in most foreign countries affects the choice of university. College is expensive, and not everyone can pay for it. So, one must choose a college with a lot of bank loan options and a good reputation. PSBs and other types of financial institutions keep a list of the countries and schools they lend money to.
The tuition in the US, UK, Australia, and Canada is higher than in a number of European countries. Most of the best schools in the US are private. Germany, Switzerland, and other countries have public universities with low tuition costs. Fees at private European universities are very high. So, when choosing a country, you should think about tuition, but not by itself. The MS degrees from MIT or Stanford are more valuable than others. If everything else is the same, choose the country where tuition is cheaper.
Costs of living in a country
It costs a lot to study abroad. Since living costs are low in most Indian cities, Indian students don’t know much about them. Different things happen in other countries. The cost of living is much higher than in Indian cities, so banks take that into account when figuring out loan amounts. The lowest cost of living in Switzerland is 2000 CHF or 1,64,000 INR per month. The cost of tuition at public colleges is about $75,000 per semester. We can’t forget about the cost of living. Compare this to Princeton University in New Jersey, where tuition is INR 43,57,000 and rent and food are INR 6,32,000. This has a big effect on the cost of living. So, think about all the costs before picking a country.
People don’t pay much attention to this and think they can adapt. When a student goes abroad to study, they have to become part of the people and culture there. A big study challenge is to live in a society where you don’t feel at home.
Eligibility for student loans
When you study abroad and get a degree, you don’t just learn. The investment must pay off in the real world. If a degree will help you get a better job and open up new opportunities, it might be worth it to study abroad. One must look into career options, future wages, job opportunities in India after training, etc. A smart choice now could save you money, time, and problems in the future.
Since loan costs are so high, students should look at these factors. A lot of counselors help students make smart choices. Therapists are available both online and in person. They have people who have worked in international education for many years and can help students.
Select the educational institutions that will allow you to study abroad.
Studying abroad may help you learn about a global school system, immerse yourself in a new culture, and more. Each U.S. school has a unique curriculum that may be applied in practically any profession. E-learning portals, which are becoming more popular in the field of education, are another good way to help people learn. More and more people use e-learning portals.
Choosing the perfect institution might be difficult and confusing, but the final result will be exhilarating. Finding the appropriate school might be difficult, so keep these things in mind.
- Start off on the right foot with your college application by getting a head start on your research and information gathering as soon as you can.
- Make a choice about the way you want to go before you start.
- Do some research to find out which country or countries are well-known in this area.
- Make a list of your most important goals and the benefits of going to school in a different country.
- Make a list of the schools that you think would suit you best.
- If you need more information or have questions about the programme or course, you should contact the university or institution.
- Talk to other students or friends who have finished their education at a school abroad. Find out about their own experiences and ask questions if you don’t understand something about studying abroad. This interaction will show you the different ways you can go about studying abroad.
- Make a list of your priorities, including things like the school’s atmosphere, the quality of the education you’ll get, how long you’ll be studying abroad, etc.
- If you can, go to fairs that teach you something.
- Please look at the topics below for advice on how to choose the right school to go to while studying abroad.
Details about the Course
If you want to go to school in a country other than the one you live in now, you need to know exactly what you want to study or what curriculum you want to follow. After learning about education in other countries through research, a person should find out which countries offer the chosen course and if the country is known for that course. Students can go to the official websites of the programmes to find out how they work, what materials are available, and other information that will help them decide if the program is important to them.
Once you have all the information you need about the country and the program, make a list of the questions you have. Then, either send an email to the institution or college or call the number on their website.
Teaching and doing research
Check to see if the school’s academic department is well-organized and can give you professional information. Do some research on the programme module that is given to you and see if the topics will help your professional growth and advancement. Find out about the different options you have for research topics and the results of going to college.
Costs and Chances for Financial Help
It costs a lot to go to school in another country. So, if you’re looking at different colleges and universities, make sure you ask about their tuition costs and if they have a financial aid program that you might be able to get. Most colleges and universities offer some kind of help with paying for school. Your scholarship application may be accepted by the school’s endowment committee. On the internet, you may locate these committees. A bank in your own country may also provide you with a student loan.
Make sure you read through all of the requirements to see if you meet them. This section will tell you how to apply for the course, as well as what the basic requirements are and what papers you need. Since the classes are study abroad programmes, it’s possible that students will have to fill out an application for an English test like the TOEFL or the IELTS to prove they can speak English. Prepare for the requirements and think about applying for the overseas higher education opportunities.
Students must grasp how to use the many resources accessible at their school. Outside-of-classroom activities are available at every college and university for the benefit of students. Activities like playing sports, competing in debate competitions, doing volunteer work, serving on student councils, acting in plays, and playing in musical ensembles are not part of a university or college education. Participating in any of these activities not only helps a student do better in school, but it also helps them grow as people and improves their ability to communicate. By taking part in a variety of these activities, students also get the chance to learn about the country’s cultural and geographical diversity.
Jobs & Positions Available
Students may learn about their alternatives by researching college placements and employment. Applying to a college with a high placement rate suggests that the institution is excellent and that the applicant has a solid professional experience. The course should boost the student’s knowledge and employment prospects.
In order to study abroad, you need to take standardized examinations.
How well you do on the language tests will show how good you are at English. If you want to go to school in a country where English is the main language, you will need to take one of the two standard language tests. You need these to sign up for almost any course, whether it’s an undergraduate, graduate, certificate, or diploma program (unless mentioned).
In some countries, exams in a certain language are given more weight than in others. Here are some of the most prestigious English language tests that can be used for academic exchange at well-known places:
- Institutions in the United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand usually ask for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test. Scores on the IELTS are good for two years.
- Universities in the United States and Canada prefer the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), but many institutions in the United Kingdom do not accept it. Your TOEFL scores will be good for two years after your results are made public.
- PTE: The PTE test is accepted by a number of schools in the United States and by most colleges in the United Kingdom. CAE and CPE grades are given more weight by universities in the UK. Also, the results of the PTE Academic test can be used for up to two years after the date of the test.
- A standard test will be used to decide who gets into international universities.
- Depending on the subject, the test you have to take to study in a foreign country could be different. Each course has its own set of tests that must be taken. For your study abroad, you will only need to take one standardised test, which will depend on the courses you choose. So, if you want to get your Master of Science, you will have to take the tests outside of the country. In a similar way, if you want to get your MBA somewhere other than your home country, you will have to take tests there. There are also other tests that everyone takes the same way.
The Study Abroad Scholarship Program’s exams
The most common and necessary entrance exams for international schools are the GRE, GMAT, IELTS, TOEFL, and ACT. Students who do very well on these internationally competitive tests may be able to get scholarship money because of their achievements. At the time of admission, many schools and universities look at how well an applicant did on these international entrance tests to decide if they should give the applicant a scholarship or not.
Exams You Need to Pass to Study Abroad After 12th
Students who have finished high school and want to continue their education overseas can compete in a number of admissions tests. Standardized tests like the SAT, ACT, GRE, TOEFL, and IELTS are some of the most important tests that students can take to get ready to go study abroad. The choice of exam is always based on the curriculum, school, and nationality of the place you want to go.
Submit your applications to the universities in the host country.
Applications should be sent to the institutions within the given amount of time. Along with the filled-out application form, you will also have to send some of the supporting documents. These types of papers are called:
For admission, you need a statement of purpose, letters of recommendation, and application essays, as well as grade reports, transcripts, and score reports from standardized tests.
Make sure you send in all the necessary papers in the right format so that you can get a positive answer if your credentials meet the requirements for admission to international colleges after you finish 12th grade.
- Applicant For an international student, the ranking of the university is without a doubt one of the most important things to think about. A university’s ranking could be based on many things, such as the number of academic programs it offers, the ratio of students to teachers, the quality of the faculty, the acceptance rate, the extracurricular activities it offers, the financial aid it gives, the results of its students, the network of its alumni, internship placements, and so on.
- How to get in and what the rules are – The requirements for getting into colleges and programs in different parts of the world may be very different. Foreign students have to take tests to get into universities abroad, and the type of test they need to prepare for depends on what they want to study. Some well-known tests include the SAT, ACT, GMAT, GRE, IELTS, TOEFL, and PTE. Also, candidates must keep track of the deadlines and admission dates for each country and institution they want to attend.
- How much does it cost to go to college in a foreign country, taking tuition and scholarships into account? You can’t give a straightforward answer to this question. Like the requirements for getting into a school, the costs of tuition and living vary from country to country and university to university. You should also look into whether you can get a scholarship or some other kind of financial help. Most schools outside of the US help their international students with money in some way. India’s top financial institutions can give students loans so they can go to school in other countries.
- Afterschool: Employers will view you more favorably if you have international job experience. International students should consider employment availability while selecting a destination to study abroad.
- Visas for Students Each nation has its unique requirements for obtaining student visas. Even though you won’t be able to apply for the visa until you have been officially accepted by the institution, candidates still need to do research on the requirements for the visa and make the necessary preparations before sending in their applications.
Submit an application for the necessary Student visa.
After program acceptance, apply for a student visa. You’ll need a valid student visa to study in a new nation. You may apply online, at any embassy, or via a consultant. To apply, fill out the application and email it with the relevant documents. Here is a list of the most common papers that need to be turned in:
- Filled out the form to get a visa.
- If your passport is still valid, it shows that you are a real student. Show that you have enough money to study and live abroad.
- Scores on Language Skills Tests
- a letter from the school in another country saying that they will let them in.
- Transcripts from all schools you’ve been to before (if required).