As a foreign student, can I return home or travel outside Canada during my studies?

Yes. However, a study permit isn’t a travel document. It doesn’t give you the right to travel to Canada. Along with your permit, you
need either:
– a temporary resident visa or
– an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)
Having an eTA or a visa, along with your study permit, doesn’t guarantee that we will let you back into Canada. You must show the border services officer that you meet all the requirements before we will let you re-enter.
Read more about travelling while you are a student.

Call Us
Open chat